Monday, November 12, 2007

Group 4 Day Two, An Educational Find

I found something on the NCTE website, concerning teaching poetry in the classroom, A few quotes about how to teach poetry in the High School. This book was written by Albert B. Somers,(chapter Nine) where he wanted poetry in the classroom. Where he wanted the specfic to the generalized in an inductive way of writing. How poets make choices in making their decisions in picking a word or a sentence. Have them work on the poetic experience for about two weeks in class.
My thoughts on this, I used to like poetry and writing, but find it going back to a bad experience where feel it was not my thoughts on paper but trying to please an audience to win some poetry slam or seem my views were like everybody's else's. By writing in an inducitve manner are asking your students to something detail oreinted in the begining and wrote the general thoughts last instead at the start of the poem.

No comments: